Where to Buy
- This set builds 7 different gear models, including 2 spur gear, 2 crown gear and 2 chain and socket gear examples.
- Models include Egg Beater, Blender, Chainsaw, Record Player, Crank Fan, Car Window and Exercise Bike.
- Set supports a team or 2-3 student working together and includes a detailed teachers guide with key concepts, terms and definitions
Key Features & Concepts
- What a gear ratio is and how it is calculated
- Determining how different gear configurations change the amount of applied force, speed or direction of movement
- Where different types of gears are used
- Identifying three different types of gear configuration
Includes 19 page teachers guide with 5 lesson plans, key terms, definitions and concepts.